When I first started playing guitar all I wanted to do is learn guitar licks and riffs just so I could play something that sounded cool. I've created this class to help you do that. In this class I will teach you 10 rock guitar licks that not only sound cool but teach you a specific skill that will be useful in your rock playing.
What will you learn in this lesson?
- 10 different cool rock guitar licks
- you'll learn the most common rock guitar lick that can be used endlessly
- a classic Led Zeppelin style lick that will be sure to impress your friends and bandmates
- a sweet southern rock lick that will having you sounding like Lynyrd Skynyrd
- an arpeggio lick that is right out of the playbook of Kirk Hammett from Metallica.
- a pentatonic pattern this is commonly used
- an Iron Maiden inspired one string lick that sounds awesome
- a common classic rock pentatonic lick that you can use in all different types of situations
- an Eddie Van Halen inspired tapping guitar lick (R.I.P. Eddie)
- a blues lick that teaches you how to use the blues note
- another blues lick because you just can't enough of them
Why should you sign up for my class?
- My name is Chris Rupp and I'm the founder of the GuitArmy.
- I've been teaching guitar full time for over 20 years.
- I have taught more than 35,000 individual private guitar lessons.
- I teach guitar students online all over the world.
- I have a bachelors of music degree from the world renowned Berklee College of Music where I studied with some of the best guitar players on earth.
- I created a successful line of guitar instruction DVDs that sold very well and garnered the attention of the "As Seen on TV" folks.
- I love teaching guitar and helping students become better musicians through the guitar.
- I will answer your personal questions and help you with learning the material in this lesson.
With GuitArmy guitar lessons on Arbington you will learn: basic open chords, power chords, barre chords, scales, major scales, minor scales, learn to solo, improvisation, beginner guitar lessons, intermediate guitar lessons, advanced guitar lessons, guitar riffs, rock licks, guitar licks, rhythm guitar, songwriting, modes on guitar, how to read guitar tablature, play a guitar solo, triads for guitar, and much more.
Why should I take your class and not just learn from YouTube?
You can try to learn guitar from YouTube but eventually you'll figure out there's so many videos out there it is very hard to put the information together in a coherent way. I have students come to me all the time that are tired of watching random guitar videos on YouTube and don't know how to put the information together. I have a whole series of courses here on Arbington that will help you get down the basic skills for guitar. You will learn everything from one teacher and not random people on YouTube. I think you will find it to be a much better learning experience.
To complete this class project you will need to do the following
- learn and play at least 3 of the rock guitar licks in this class.
How to complete the project:
- you can provide a link to a video of you performing 3 or more licks.
- you can provide a link to an audio file of you playing 3 or more licks.
- if the first 2 options aren't possible then you can just upload a picture of you playing one of the guitar licks. You will get extra bonus points if you make a ridiculous rock star face.