UPDATE: This course has been updated as of 1/2022 to fit all current guidelines. This is a Free Update for existing users.
We have also included a document to assist you with your learning.
- Logic Pro X Intro
Eddie Grey, an Apple Certified T3 Trainer, brings you this program so you can learn the essentials of Logic Pro.
This Beginner Course will serve as a launching pad so you can accelerate your understanding of Logic Pro. Originally designed as a way for beginners to find their way around the program, these videos will help you understand the architecture of Logic and how it is made from the ground up. Although it is for beginners, we guarantee that beginners and novices alike will gain a tremendous amount from this series.
From here you can take on the challenge of Learning the ins and outs by taking the Logic 101 course. The curriculum there is the same material Eddie Grey developed for Learnquest who is an Apple Training Provider. Eddie's system for learning Logic Pro has helped thousands of Producers, Composers, Beat Makers, etc. all over the world.
Eddie Grey's body of work includes being the Head Composer for the Kim Kardashian West "Justice Project" documentary along with the Emmy Award Winning show "Born This Way" on A&E.
Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated creative tools for professional songwriting, beat making, editing, and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, loops and samples, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
Professional Music Production
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organized with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Use Smart Tempo to import audio and have it automatically conform to your project BPM
• Comprehensive mix and plug-in parameter automation can be part of a region or track
• Perform and mix from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
Drum Production and Beat Making
• Use Drum Machine Designer to build and perform your own custom kits
• Program beats, bass lines and melodic parts using Step Sequencer
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose among 33 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Use Sampler to quickly create and edit sophisticated multi-sampled instruments
• Import a single audio file or record directly into Quick Sampler to instantly build a playable instrument
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, a powerful sample manipulation synthesizer
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards, and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
Creative and Production Effects
• Access a professional collection of vintage and modern delays, EQs and compressors
• Play your sounds through a variety of realistic acoustic spaces or creative synthesized reverbs
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 4,300 instrument and effect patches
• 1,800 meticulously sampled instruments
• More than 10,000 Apple Loops in wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
6GB available storage space for minimum install / 72GB storage space for full Sound Library installation