Up-to-date with Terraform 0.14+!
Learn to implement production-ready infrastructure with AWS and Terraform today with an AWS Certified Solutions Architect!
Do you want to implement your complete infrastructure as code? Do you want to learn the coolest and most popular infrastructure configuration management tool on the market, Terraform and make a huge contribution to your skillset?
Then this course is what you need! You will not only learn how to implement Terraform code but also implement an AWS Well-Architected Framework recommended deployment model which will be Highly-Available, Scalable, Fault-Tolerant and Resilient!
- In this course, we will start by exploring the tools we need throughout the course. Just to note here too, we will need an IDE with a proper Terraform plugin available. An AWS account is also necessary so I will show you how to get one if you do not already have it. Sure we will set up our environment variables for Terraform deployments and also configure our IDE to use Terraform efficiently by installing a Terraform Plugin which will highlight the syntax and auto-complete everything we intend to do.
- In between all these, I will also give you a crash course on Terraform where you will gain all the information you need to implement this infrastructure!
- Once we have everything set up, now is time to get our hands dirty and write some Terraform code to implement our cool, shiny architecture!
- We will start off with implementing our remote state and obtaining a key pair which we will use to connect to the instances we will launch. Once we get these done, we will first create the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) environment. To meet the demands of high-availability, we will spread our private and public subnets to three different availability zones inside a region. We will also create our Private and Public Route Tables to manage the routing between our resources inside VPC.
- We’ll also make sure to attach an Internet Gateway (IGW) to our VPC to use with public subnets so the resources in those will be able to access and receive public internet traffic. Our private subnet also need some form of internet connection but not both ways; we want only internet access for outgoing connections from our resources in private subnets! To satisfy this requirement, we will launch and attach a NAT Gateway to our private route table.
- After configuring the low-level networking infrastructure, we will proceed to implement our Launch Configurations for both public and private EC2 instances we will launch through Auto-Scaling Groups. Once we implement the instance launching configurations, we will move on to implement our Auto-Scaling Groups using these launch configurations. We will configure the subnets, machine images, startup scripts and simply everything we need to launch instances successfully.
- Auto-Scaling doesn’t come out of the box; we will need to configure it regarding our demands and how we want to scale our instances. For our implementation, we will use Target Tracking Scaling which will help use scale and manage our EC2 instances all by itself; we don’t have to do a single thing!
- We do not do anything for Auto-Scaling once we set it up but for sure we want to know what’s going on with our instances. That’s why we will create a SNS Topic and subscribe to it to get real-time notifications on what’s happening with our instances and infrastructure.
There are much more to come in this course and I cannot wait for you to come and learn the best practices from an AWS Certified Solutions Architect!Who this course is for:
- Beginners on AWS who wants to put their theory in practice
- AWS Cloud Architect Associate Exam Preppers who wants to practice their theories with real projects
- Who wants to learn how to implement Infrastructure-as-a-Code or IaaS on AWS
- Who wants to learn Terraform, infrastructure configuration language from Terraform
- Who wants to learn and launch Highly-Available, Scalable, Fault-Tolerant and Resilient architectures on AWS!
- Who wants to learn how to develop infrastructures on AWS using Terraform
- Who wants to learn how to launch Virtual Private Clouds, Public-Private Subnets and more with Terraform code on AWS
- Who wants to learn how to launch EC2 Instances publicly and privately using Terraform on AWS
- Who wants to learn AWS provider of Terraform