Banks suffer from an Achilles Heel. Unless regulated they are prone to bank failures which can trigger financial and Economic crises, causing mayhem across the globe.
This course covers a complete understanding of Bank failures, their inherent causes, flaws of the banking system, the need for banking regulation, the role of the regulators, and a complete study of the Basel Accords- Basel-I, Basel-II, Basel-III, and also Basel-IV.
In about 3 hours, you will learn the fundamental principles of banking regulation and substantive elements of the Basel Accords from Basel-I to IV.
The course is divided into 6 Modules, containing 13 lecture videos to master the subject completely. The course also contains tons of MCQs in Pdf.
How this course is different?
- The Course is meant for all, but ideally suited for students of Finance, Banking and Economics
- Clear explanations with a focus on Concepts.
- A Practical Approach with Case Studies.
- Tons of MCQs to reinforce learning.
- Option for Downloading Course Completion Certificate
- 24x7 Live Support in case of any query.
Advice to Students:
- Download the MCQs and attempt all questions to self-check your learning.
- Download all reference materials for deep learning.
- Go through each lesson and take notes.
- Go through the Case Studies and Practice
What will students learn in this course?
- Learn Liquidity Risk and Solvency Risk in Bank Failures with case studies
- Learn the Spillover effects that cause Financial & Economic Crisis
- Learn the Vulnerabilities of the Banking System and how to protect them from Spill Over Effects.
- Learn the role of the Basel Committee in preventing Bank Failures and promoting Financial and Economic Stability
- Learn Basel Risks in Banking and Strategies for Mitigating the Risks
- Learn how to Calculate Risk-Weighted Assets(RWA) and Capital to Risk-Weighted Assets Ratio(CRAR) with case Studies
- Learn Basel- I Accord & its genesis
- Learn the importance of the Basel- II Accord and its Capital Structure
- Learn the present Basel-III Accord in detail; its capital structure, risk measurement methods and statutory ratios. Concepts of Capital Ratios, Leverage Ratio, LCR, NSFR, G-SIBs & D-SIBs.
- Understanding Futuristic Basel-IV Accord and the concept of Output Floor
What are the requirements or prerequisites for taking your course?
- No prior knowledge is required for enrolling in the course. Even a person without Finance & Economics background can take the course.
- Just stay focused while learning and take notes. Practice the Tests to master the concepts.
- An internet connection and a Laptop/PC/Mobile/Tablet.
The next step is to enroll in the course and let's get started!
We'll meet in the classroom.
Instructor & CEO Zenith Academics
BANK FAILURES, ECONOMIC CRISIS & BASEL FRAMEWORK WITH MCQs
Module# 1- Bank Failures & Economic Crisis- Need for Banking Regulation
- How Banks Fail
- Causes of Banking, Financial & Economic Crisis
- Need for Banking Regulation
Module# 2- Protecting Banks with Basel Steel Framework
- Protecting Banks from Spillover Effect
- Basel Risks & Risk Mitigation
- Calculating RWA & CRAR
Module# 3-Basel- 1 Accord
- Understanding Basel-1 Accord
Module#4- Basel-2 Accord
- Understanding Basel-2 Accord
Module#5- Basel-3 Accord
- Basel-3- An Overview
- Basel-3- Risk Measurement
- Basel-3- Capital Requirements
- Basel-3- Statutory Ratios
Module#6- Basel-4 Accord
- Demystifying Basel-4 Accord
MCQs on the Course