This course introduces users to the fundamentals of corporate finance viewed from the perspective of the business manager. It aims at imparting users with a managerial and analytical level understanding on topics such as time value of money, present value, future value, discounted cash flow, annuities, efficient market hypothesis, capital asset pricing model, portfolio theory, stock, options, future and derivative contracts, capital structure, weighted average costs of capital, capital budgeting techniques, and financial ratio analysis. This course also covers company enterprise valuation method, stock valuation, fundamental and technical analysis, option valuation and pricing- numerical and Black-Scholes, financial forecasting, co-integration, random walk, seasonality, smoothing and errors. This course concludes with the introduction to survey and research method.
Upon the completion of this course, user will be able to:
• Understand and apply the concepts of time value of money, present value, future value, discounted cash flows and other basic principles of finance.
• Apply expert judgement in using the concepts and role efficient market hypothesis, capital assets pricing model, portfolio theory to optimize financial management.
• Apply techniques of time value of money, discounted cash flows in the valuation of share, bond and investment proposals. Students will also learn how to apply techniques of fundamental company analysis, financial forecasting method, options valuation and numerical (pricing) and Black-Scholes model.
• Analyse and critically evaluate a firm’s capital structure, debt and equity position and determine the optimal debt-equity position.
• Analyse and interpret the financial ratios and portfolio theory and practice management of a business.
• Calculate and interpret NPV, IRR, Pay Back Period, Profitability Index to evaluate projects.
TIME: Up to 12 Hours
• No prerequisites.
• No materials distributed.
• No formal assessments required.
Make the most of your online learning experience with Sentinel | 9.
Sentinel | 9 is now offering educational courses and specialised modules from its industry-leading graduate-level Business program. This package is usually provided via Higher Education partners, where it comes with a Degree upon completion. However, for individuals seeking …View full profile