The student target group:
- This course is ideally suited to students of commerce, finance, bankers, lawyers, entrepreneurs, small investors, those preparing for competitive exams, and who have a passion for the subject.
- This course is for those individuals who have discovered their weaknesses & gaps in knowledge and skills and wish to overcome them.
- This course is for those who avoid books but have a thirst for knowledge.
Just check whether this course will help you.
Please attempt the following questions:
Question 1. Do you find difficulty in understanding finance matters?
Question 2. Are you comfortable with Balance Sheet Analysis, Profitability Analysis, Ratio Analysis, DSCR, Break-Even Analysis, and Working Capital Concept?
Question 3. Are you a student of commerce or finance or preparing for your exams?
Question 4. Do you want to independently analyse your own business performance and are tired of hiring accountants?
If your answer to the above questions is Yes, then this course is meant for you.
This course will help you to rise in your career. It will help you to understand the fundamentals of finance-related aspects and also prepare you to work out the financial statements and analyse them, all by yourself. The focus of this course is to clear the concepts and take you to the world of financial statements and their analysis. You will learn to work out financial statements and analysis through ratios hands down in excel format and take credit decisions as per the bank’s benchmark. There are tons of MCQs to reinforce your learning. The Course is a blend of Conceptual and Practical aspects of Financial Management.
How is this course different?
- Focus on Finance Concepts with Case Studies
- Step-by-step calculation of Financial Statements in Excel with Analysis
- Step-by-step calculation of Financial Ratios in Excel with Interpretation
- Lots of MCQs at the end of each module
How is the course designed?
The Course is divided into 7 Modules with several lectures in each of them.
- The 1st Module deals with Financial Statements and contains 1 lecture. Here you will learn the meaning of financial statements and their types. You'll find MCQs at the end.
- The 2nd Module deals with Balance Sheet Concepts containing 3 lectures. You will learn with examples the Balance Sheet Structure and its interrelationships, the calculation of Reserves & Surplus, the Concept of Depreciation and its calculation, the concept of Gross Block & Net Block, and the concepts of Intangible Assets, Investments, and Current Assets. You'll also find plenty of MCQs at the end of the module.
- The 3rd Module deals with Income statements in detail and its analysis with examples and case studies in 2 lectures and lots of MCQs.
- The 4th Module deals with Operating Cycle in detail containing 1 lecture and MCQs
- The 5th Module deals with Ratio Analysis and its Interpretation in 7 lectures. Here you will learn about the Ratios in general and also Liquidity Ratios, Solvency Ratios, Turnover Ratios, and Profitability Ratios with hands-on work with case studies in excel format. In the end, you will find an interpretation of the Ratios with case studies. Here too you have been provided with tons of MCQs to practice.
- The 6th Module deals with other important ratios in 2 lectures e.g. Debt-Service Coverage Ratio and Security Coverage Ratio with examples. You'll find MCQs to reinforce your learning.
- Finally, the 7th Module deals with Break Even Concept along with Case Study in excel sheet and lots of MCQs
Your Takeaway from this Course
By the end of this course, you will have learned the fundamentals of finance-related aspects.
Get started today and learn more about credit management & financial management
- ·Learn Types of Financial Statements.
- ·Learn Balance Sheet Structure and its concepts with case studies.
- ·Learn Income Statement and how to Analyse Income Statement in excel sheet.
- ·Learn 20 Ratios and their Interpretation in an excel sheet.
- ·Learning about standard benchmark ratios applicable in banks.
- ·Understanding the DSCR Concept with a case study for Term Loans & Security Coverage Ratio along with standard benchmark ratios in banks.
- Learn Break Even Analysis with a case study in excel sheet.
- Revise your learning with MCQs.
- No prior knowledge is required for enrolling in the course.
- Just stay focused while learning and take notes.
- This course is specially designed for those who have a thirst for quick knowledge but avoid books
- An internet connection and a Laptop/PC/Mobile/Tablet.
Advice to Students
- Download the MCQs and the Reference Materials.
- Go through each module one by one and make notes.
- Attempt all the MCQs and self-check your progress.
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS- A CONCEPTUAL & PRACTICAL APPROACH
Module# 1- Understanding Financial Statements
- What are Financial Statements
Module# 2- Understanding Balance Sheet
- Balance Sheet Structure & Concepts
- Assets- Fixed Assets
- Other Assets
Module# 3- Income Statement
- What is an Income Statement
- Analysis of Income Statement
Module#4- Understanding Operating Cycle
- Working Capital Cycle
Module# 5- Ratio Analysis & Interpretation
- Introduction to Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Practical WorkOut with Liquidity Ratios
- Solvency Ratios
- Turnover Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- Interpretation of Ratios
Module#6- Other Ratios
- Calculating DSCR
- Security Coverage Ratio
Module#7- Break Even Study
- Break-Even Analysis
- Break-Even Case Study