This is a course for authors and aspiring authors of fantasy fiction.
- If you want to write a classic or modern fantasy novel
- Inspired by your favorite authors
- Or completely original
- For all ages
- Or for children, or young adults, or adults
- Long or short
- RPG or fairytale
Whatever the kind of fantasy you want to write, this course provides you with the tools and the knowledge to get it done, and get it done well.
As you might expect, many of the lessons in this course can apply more generally to storytelling, especially more traditional styles.
You will learn:
- World building - not just landscape and history, but culture, bestiary, and economy
- Character building - archetypes and beyond
- Magic, what it is, and how to use it
- You should be reasonably proficient at written English
- You should either be gripped by the ambition to be a great fantasy writer, or
- You should want to write, and write well, the sort of stories that you want to read