Hello, my name is Gabriel Felix (California College of Music), and today I want to talk about my new Jazz Course.
You will find lessons about:
1. Harmony and Theory for jazz.
2. 11 Guitar Practice Tips for Speedy Improvement.
3. Chords, scales, and arpeggios.
4. How to improvise in diatonic and modal chord progressions.
5. Real book with more than 400 songs.
6. Improve Your Sense of Rhythm Cheat-Sheet.
7. Walking bass technique.
8. How to turn an easy pop chords progression in jazz.
- You will never again find yourself looking at a professional player playing a fancy, beautiful-sounding chord, and not having a clue what kind of chord it is and how to play it yourself.
- You can take your favorite rock & pop songs, that are originally only played with simple chords, and start mixing fresh, fancy-sounding chords into them (9 chords, 13 chords, 6/9, and plenty more), to create GORGEOUS new cover versions out of them. Versions that no one has heard before - and you made up on the spot.
- If you are writing songs, you now have an insanely colorful "palette" to write your own songs with - using these gorgeous chords.
- You finally UNDERSTAND advanced chords theory, and you will never need to shy out again out of conversations/lessons on advanced materials from fear that you cannot "keep up".
Very Important Note: Jazz it's not an easy style, from this it is necessary to learn harmony, theory, and all the basic jazz chords before begin to play Jazz!! I know you just want to play jazz on the guitar, but be patient and follow all the step by step. It´s much better to spend fell days learning about harmony than give up after 1 week just because you don't know how to play a Cmaj7(9) chord.
Jazz arrangement challenge.
Step 1: Compose a simple chord progression (triads)
Step 2: Add 7th and altered chords (9th,11th,13th, altered bass, and diminished chords)
Step 3: Add one or two jazz techniques. (walking bass, arpeggios, and guitar licks).
Hi, My name is Gabriel Felix, I´ve been teaching guitar professionally for 10 years now. I have a music degree at (Step Academia de Música - 2011 and California College of Music - 2013). Nowadays I run my own business in Brazil, called ''Meio Musical'' it is a music school …View full profile
Start your 14 day free trial. Cancel at any time.