How to quickly make and maintain a WordPress site for your organization or church by using the Elementor system.
Give yourself an edge in the world of website design by learning to design and build websites with Elementor and Elementor Pro. This workshop / class walks through most of the aspects of building a WordPress site with Elementor / Elementor Pro broken into bite size chunks. From User Experience and Site Maps, to Design Systems and Templating, you'll quickly learn how to design and build a website at the same time. Brian uses a real non-profit client for this workshop / class to show how to build a project from start to finish. Learn how to make consistent spacing decisions, mobile friendly pages, and more. OH! Don't forget we are not using code the entire time!
I've broken the workshop into chunks to help with your progress through the class. Please reach out with questions and I'll do my best to answer them quickly. You will need to have WordPress installed and fired up with Elementor and Elementor Pro plugins installed. You can do the class without Elementor Pro but it is recommended.
This class dives into these breakout sessions:
1. Introduction to Elementor
2. Sitemap, structure, WordPress Configuration, and plugins.
3. Theme, child theme, security, and SEO.
4. Design Systems, global styling, page blocks, and design.
5. Sections, columns, widgets, and spacing.
6. Brand colors, and custom fonts.
7. Page templates, header and footer templates.
8. Homepage build at 1200x, mobile design, and 404 page.
9. Blog Posts and blog templating.
10. Sermons / Podcasts, and plugins.
11. Elementor showcase and class project.
Additional topics covered throughout the videos:
Build your own Elementor site and post a screenshot of the pages and styling. I'm excited to see what you all come up with! Start simple and try a website design with only a few pages at first to speed up your process and get the skills in your design tool belt.
Use a template like below to show off your class project.