Norwegian Language Course B1 part 2 is the second of two courses covering the B1 level. When you have finished the B1 level you will be able to understand and use Norwegian in most situations.
- I can understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. I can understand the main point of many radio or TV programs on current affairs or topics of personal or professional interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- I can understand texts that consist mainly of high frequency everyday or job-related language. I can understand the description of events, feelings and wishes in personal letters.
- I can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken. I can enter unprepared into conversation on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g family, hobbies, work, travel and current events).
- I can write personal letters describing experiences and impressions.
- I can connect phrases in a simple way in order to describe experiences and events, my dreams, hopes & ambitions. I can briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans. I can narrate a story or relate the plot of a book or film and describe my reactions.
- I can write straightforward connected text on topics, which are familiar, or of personal interest.
- Students should know some basic Norwegian language equal to A2 level before they take this course.