This course aims to provide an in-depth knowledge of things which are critical for the operations of any business. Operations management is concerned with effectively and efficiently designing, managing and optimizing processes, which are prevalent in both service and production organisations in various sectors such as banking, health care, education, retail, food and beverages, mining and manufacturing.
Upon the completion of this course, users will be able to:
• Gain a high-level understanding of the operations fundamental which includes efficiency vs. effectiveness, operational strategies, and system view of operations.
• Analyse and evaluate theoretical and practical knowledge of the operations of process design and capacity management to develop solutions.
• Analyse and evaluate the principles of workflow organisation to design a short-term operational plan to meet demand.
• Critically analyse information from a wide range of sources to create sustainable solutions innovatively to improve current operational practices.
• Critically evaluate and synthesize information from a wide range of sources to determine research skills, and demonstrate the capacity to document the outcomes in operations management with sound analysis and recommendations.
TIME: Up to 12 Hours
• No prerequisites.
• No materials distributed.
• No formal assessments required.