In this advanced Excel course, we look at three crucial advanced Excel features Power Pivot, Power Query, and DAX.
This suite of Excel functions allows you to manipulate, analyze, and evaluate millions of rows of data from Excel or other databases.
We first look at how to bring your data together, merge, and clean it using Power Query before moving onto creating relationships between our data tables and building out a data model. We then look at performing calculations on our data model using DAX, and finally, we look at displaying our analysis using PivotTables and PivotCharts.
If you’ve reached a point where you need Excel to work with data at scale, then these tools will unlock that capability.
This course also includes practice exercises and follow-along files so you can build your data models as we go.
In this course you will learn:
● How to get started with Power Query
● How to connect Excel to multiple workbooks
● How to get data from the web and other sources
● How to merge and append queries using Power Query
● How the Power Pivot window works
● How to set up and manage relationships in a data model
● How to create a PivotTable to display your data from the Power Pivot data model
● How to add calculated columns using DAX
● How to use functions such as CALCULATE, DIVIDE, DATESYTD in DAX
● All about creating Pivot Charts and PivotTables and using your data model
● How to use slicers to adjust the data you display
● This is a video-led course. You can preview some videos below.
● This course includes practice exercises.
● This course is aimed at PC Excel users.
Course Certificate Included
This course includes an optional online quiz that will generate a course certificate upon completion.
Why Trust Us?
Stream Skill is part of the Simon Sez IT family and has been in business 10+ years and taught over 500,000 students in that time. We’ve created over 100 software training courses, 5,000+ video tutorials, and we’ve helped thousands of people across the world learn how to use Microsoft Office. We’ve now created Microsoft Excel courses for the last five versions and continue to help people get to grips with this essential tool.