Study for AWS Database - Specialty (DBS-C01) exam today! Learn how to work with databases on AWS.
The TOTAL Seminars Team brings you one of our most popular Instructors, Tom Carpenter is the Chief Technical Officer at CWNP (Certified Wireless Network Professionals). He's been in the IT industry for 25+ years, written over 20 books on IT subjects, and is also heavily involved in objectives development and exam creation in the certification industry.
Tom walks you through how Database Administrators (DBAs) move their databases to the cloud using AWS. It is helpful for anyone who deals with any aspect of databases in AWS.
AWS has come out with a BRAND NEW certification exam called the AWS Certified Database - Specialty (DBS-C01). The exam was created specifically for those who are interested in the database aspects of AWS.
Do you know how data has radically changed the landscape of everything in the cloud, the Internet, and your lives? If you've ever seen the "Customers also bought" tag on Amazon (that lead you to buy that super cool Bluetooth-enabled R2-D2), or used the databases in your company to better understand where the best places are to invest your profits, or simply used the contacts function of your phone to store all the important information about the people in your lives, you know how crucial data is. All these keep information in databases and most databases are housed in the AWS Cloud.
Although this course is designed with Database Administrators (DBAs) in mind, it is helpful for anyone who deals with any aspect of databases in AWS. This exam covers everything from the AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) to NoSQL databases (DynamoDB) to the AWS Database Migration Tool. It focuses on various aspects, such as design, migration, deployment, maintenance, security, monitoring, and disaster recovery.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
· Over 8 hours of content
· 9 downloadable PDFs with notes on every chapter
· 9 white paper PDFs suggested by AWS to study for the exam
· End-of-chapter quizzes to test your knowledge
· Q&A section where you can have your questions answered
· 30-day money-back guarantee
· Lifetime access
· AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) and Aurora
· AWS DynamoDB (document database)
· AWS Database Migration Tool (migrate your existing databases into the cloud)
· AWS Key Management Service (encryption to secure your data)
· Troubleshooting database connection issues
· AWS Neptune (graph database)
· AWS Redshift (data warehousing)
The AWS Certified Database - Specialty exam domains covered are:
· Domain 1: Workload-Specific Database Design 26%
1.1 Select appropriate database services for specific types of data and workloads
1.2 Determine strategies for disaster recovery and high availability
1.3 Design database solutions for performance, compliance, and scalability
1.4 Compare the costs of database solutions
· Domain 2: Deployment and Migration 20%
2.1 Automate database solution deployments
2.2 Determine data preparation and migration strategies
2.3 Execute and validate data migration
· Domain 3: Management and Operations 18%
3.1 Determine maintenance tasks and processes
3.2 Determine backup and restore strategies
3.3 Manage the operational environment of a database solution
· Domain 4: Monitoring and Troubleshooting 18%
4.1 Determine monitoring and alerting strategies
4.2 Troubleshoot and resolve common database issues
4.3 Optimize database performance
· Domain 5: Database Security 18%
5.1 Encrypt data at rest and in transit
5.2 Evaluate auditing solutions
5.3 Determine access control and authentication mechanisms
5.4 Recognize potential security vulnerabilities within database solutions
MORE ABOUT THE AWS CERTIFIED DATABASE - SPECIALTY EXAM
· Exam code: DBS-C01
· Exam voucher cost: $300 USD
· Exam languages: English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese
· Exam format: Multiple-choice, multiple-answer
· Number of questions: 55-65 (estimate)
· Length of exam: 180 minutes
· Passing grade: Score is from 100-1000, passing grade of 750
· AWS certifications are valid for 3 years, after which you must recertify (you get a 50% off voucher for your recertification exam from AWS)
How to take the exam:
· Sign up for a free AWS Training and Certification account***
· Once logged in, select "Schedule New Exam"
· Exam can be taken at your local Pearson-VUE testing center and is given via computer
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Tom Carpenter is the Chief Technical Officer at CWNP (Certified Wireless Network Professionals). He's been in the IT industry for 25+ years, written over 20 books on IT subjects, and is also heavily involved in objectives development and exam creation in the certification industry. Tom uses AWS daily to run several business websites and operate test labs used for content creation and management, among other things. Tom's teaching style is casual; he wants you to have fun while you learn practical applications of AWS. Join our class now and let us know how you plan to use AWS in your personal or professional life!