Welcome to the Class! As an illustrator many times I feel guilty not having enough cake illustrations to congratulate my friends on social media or send a hand painted card to a dear one.
Birthday card designs are also always on demand at the stationery market.
In this class, we will be drawing and painting fun and easy cake illustrations you can use as birthday cards, recipe cards, gift tags, cookbook cover or even create a pattern for party decor collection, by painting few variations of the same kind of cake.
I hope you will enjoy this class and will have a lot of fun painting the cakes with me.
Paint a birthday card or a set of cards using the techniques explained during the class. Post your picture in project gallery of the class to inspire your classmates.
Below you can find the list of supplies I used during the class and printable illustrations.
I am looking forward to seeing your artwork!
- Watercolor Paint (I use "White Nights" watercolor paints by Nevskaya Palitra)
- Watercolor Paper
- Paper Towel
- Paint Palette
- Large Watercolor Brush
- Medium Watercolor brush (I used Kolinsky Sable #4)
- Small Watercolor brushes (#2 and #0)
- Fineliner (make sure it doesn't dilute with water after it dries on paper)
- White ink (or white gel pen, gouache or acrylic paint )
- Art Board