I created this course because I know that many beginner and intermediate guitar players often wonder what chords go with what keys. My private students on many occasions would ask me "what chords go together?". This course is going to answer those questions for you when it comes to writing in a minor key.
What will you learn in this lesson?
- Diatonic chords in A minor and you get a chord chart that shows you the diatonic chords in all 12 keys
- Music theory behind diatonic chords
- How to play the diatonic chords in A minor
- How to create a chord progression in a minor key
- How to play several chord progressions I create for you
- Learn about secondary dominants
- I show you how I use my custom diatonic chord chart in A minor to easily create some chord progressions
Why should you sign up for my lesson?
- My name is Chris Rupp and I'm the founder of the GuitArmy.
- I've been teaching guitar full time for over 20 years.
- I have taught more than 35,000 individual private guitar lessons.
- I teach guitar students online all over the world.
- I have a bachelors of music degree from the world renowned Berklee College of Music where I studied with some of the best guitar players on earth.
- I created a successful line of guitar instruction DVDs that sold very well and garnered the attention of the "As Seen on TV" folks.
- I love teaching guitar and helping students become better musicians through the guitar.
- I will answer your personal questions and help you with learning the material in this lesson.
With GuitArmy guitar lessons on Arbington you will learn: basic open chords, power chords, barre chords, scales, major scales, minor scales, learn to solo, improvisation, beginner guitar lessons, intermediate guitar lessons, advanced guitar lessons, guitar riffs, rock licks, guitar licks, rhythm guitar, songwriting, modes on guitar, how to read guitar tablature, play a guitar solo, triads for guitar, and much more.
Why should I take your class and not just learn from YouTube?
You can try to learn guitar from YouTube but eventually you'll figure out there's so many videos out there it is very hard to put the information together in a coherent way. I have students come to me all the time that are tired of watching random guitar videos on YouTube and don't know how to put the information together. I have a whole series of courses here on Arbington that will help you get down the basic skills for guitar. You will learn everything from one teacher and not random people on YouTube. I think you will find it to be a much better learning experience.
To complete this class project you will need to do the following
- write four 4 bar chord progressions in the key of A minor using diatonic chords and/or secondary dominants. Please use the PDF "writing a chord progression worksheet".
How to complete the project:
- you can provide a link to a video of you performing the 4 chord progressions.
- you can provide a link to an audio file of you playing the 4 chord progressions.
- if the first 2 options aren't possible then you can just upload a picture of your worksheet filled out with the 4 chord progressions.